OREGON @ OHIO ST.

Today we cover Oregon traveling to Columbus to take on Big10 rival Ohio St. Oregon will face a tough road ahead after losing to a strong Michigan offense they play a possibly more explosive offense led by Sophmore QB Shawn Ritter. Ritter is coming off of a decent game in week 1 where they lost 27-23 and seemed to be shaking the rust off. We know Ritter can explode out of nowhere like he did as a true freshman last year taking over in week 6. Oregon is led by RB Darnell Collins and WR Tre Jackson. Both are pivotal players in this offense and OSU will have to find a way to slow both down.

KEY PLAYERS:

ORE: D. Collins: 8 car, 150 yds, 1 TD

OSU: Z. Pennington: 3 tack, 3 tfl, 3 sack, 4 pres

• Like 2

Oregon opened the game with the ball as they drive down and kick a FG taking a 3-0 lead early. Ohio State doesn’t take long to respond as a 4 play drive down field is capped off with a TD run by QB Shawn Ritter. OSU leads 7-3. Following the OSU TD Oregon returns the favor on a long run with RB Darnell Collins retaking the 10-7 lead. Ohio State isn’t finished as they unleash a 30 yard TD pass to Wayne Carlson making the score 14-10. Oregon is stopped on the following possession and on the last few plays of the half Ritter unloads another bomb to Carlson for his 2nd TD of the game, Score at half OSU 21 OREGON 10.IMG_9998.thumb.jpeg.65785739827535268ca7d3efcfcade18.jpegIMG_9999.thumb.jpeg.6997ef81ecdeb93b865fdea1d434da6e.jpegIMG_9992.thumb.jpeg.3f5cb42360d04259fbd9cf3b40eb73a7.jpegIMG_0002.thumb.jpeg.97ece04dc18287f452b71cbbf99d0c26.jpegIMG_0001.thumb.jpeg.794d631d5bfedd540e0098cc79cc4f34.jpeg

• Like 1

OSU gets the ball coming out of halftime they are forced to punt after a 3 and out. Oregon capitalizes with a pass that RB Donavon Caldwell turns into a long TD run closing the gap 21-17. Oregon forces another punt with multiple pressures forcing underneath throws for no gain. Oregon yet again capitalizes off the punt and Darnell Collins takes a handoff up the middle and does his classic cutback to find a hole and run in his 2nd TD of the game. Oregon takes the lead 24-21. BUT don’t blink Ohio St is quickly driving down field early in the 4th quarter then QB Shawn Ritter hits his WR Nelson Strickland on a short wheel route and Strickland does the rest with his speed barely beating the corner to the end zone. Ohio State currently leads in the middle of the 4th quarter 28-24.IMG_0024.thumb.jpeg.d7c271c97ab3dabe03bce5ca629e57e5.jpegIMG_0025.thumb.jpeg.d2fe92428fd9ddbf0e505c01a8199136.jpegIMG_0026.thumb.jpeg.29ceababa6212bbea34423baed7eafff.jpeg

• Like 1

With little time left Oregon needs a TD to win the game. Ohio State is showing a stout defense but it’s not enough as Oregon continues to convert 3rd downs. They reach the red zone and on the final play of the game Tre Jackson gets open on an out route with Taz Jackson in coverage and it’s and easy pitch and catch for a walk off TD. Oregon wins a huge rivalry game 31-28. 

TEAM STATS:

OHIO ST:

QB S. Ritter: 6/8, 164 yds, 2 TD

RB J. Burnham: 8 car, 98 yds

WR W. Carlson: 2 cat, 107 yds, 2 TD

OREGON:

QB J. Moore: 8/13, 182 yds, 2 TD

RB D. Collins: 10 car, 139 yds, 2 TD

RB D. Caldwell: 4 cat, 125 yds, 1 TDIMG_0031.thumb.jpeg.0c9db44115d192584d66e755360a88db.jpeg

2 hours ago, Greg F said:

We are getting so much done on the house.

Last summer we had the floors replaced and I made time — and space — by moving my football field into the bathroom. At the end of the season — when I came out of the bathroom — the floors were done. 😃👍

Enjoy the Journey.   T43.    🏈♾️

• Like 3

On 7/5/2024 at 2:59 PM, Jayethekxng said:

Oregon wins a huge rivalry game 31-28. 

I lived and worked in a suburb of Nikeville for 20 years so the Ducks are usually my favorite. However, I'm sitting here writing this response with my 1015 National Championship Ohio State jersey on. I guess I would have won either way. 🤷‍♂️ 

Enjoy the Journey.  T43.   🏈♾️

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Terry43 said:

I lived and worked in a suburb of Nikeville for 20 years so the Ducks are usually my favorite. However, I'm sitting here writing this response with my 1015 National Championship Ohio State jersey on. I guess I would have won either way. 🤷‍♂️ 

Enjoy the Journey.  T43.   🏈♾️

😂😂😂 well hey at least it was a thriller down to the last play

• Like 2