DON’T SLEEP ON TUDOR ULTIMATE BOARDS!!! Shout Out To Doug Strohm

Commish44

Pulled out my Tudor Ultimate Board this morning (Got it January 2020. It was my first board in about 35 years). Well, I hadn’t used it in about a year. So I gave it a test run (same 2 Tudor motors and batteries). Well, I must be honest and say… ”It Ran In An Outstanding Manner” (9.3 out of 10). It ran Smoothly and Quietly!!!

Now, a few months after I purchased my Ultimate Board (2020) … I brought a more expensive board from an individual customizer. It became my “favorite” board, and I must say… the Tudor board was put up.  Well, I have to say that today; I was Quite Impressed by the Tudor Ultimate Board.

So, in short, I will definitely be using my Tudor board Much, Much, More (That way I can save my “favorite” board for League play only).  Heck, I guess you could say that I now have a “favorite everyday board”.  

So, “Shout Out” to Doug Strohm and Tudor Games!!!  Please Don’t Sleep on their Ultimate Board!!!   The Ultimate Board is a Great Deal & a Great Product at $299!!!
 By the way, the picture with the motors and NFL logo on it, is the underside of the board (I can play on both sides). It’s an inside story between Doug and I.

538C9203-2B2F-45A2-AEBD-1495D70517B9.jpeg

085F3591-6FC7-4CAC-9BEE-1ED8E0C082AD.jpeg

• Like 1

So, a few questions. I've been playing with (I guess my old metal plug in) board for 15 years. My sheer enjoyment is playing solo with a 24 team league, 5 game schedule.

It's basic, lot of running and yearly draft to improve teams by seeing what they need in base strength (since there's so much run game). I know I can get into a lot more with RF but I'm happy where the game is won by offense, defense and special teams. And I facilitate all teams fairly and don't give unfair advantages. 4 10 minute 1/4's, various clock stoppages (can't get into them all). And the biggest reason I keep things simple is so my kiddos can enjoy playing too (basic). So I'm not at that "big league level".

However, the board I have is kinda wearing down. Getting loud (motor) and I want to get one of the new ultimate boards. Question I have is can you use the regular plastic basis sucessfully on the new field? Is the new field significantly quieter? What are the pros and cons between the older (Is it 620 or 680 field?) that I have and the new fields other than the new ones being on battery?

Thanks!

Ultimate field is plug-in, not battery.  It's a little quieter than an old 620.  All players and bases run on it just as well as a 620, sometimes better (smoother).  620s are great, but the Ultimate is a fair bit bigger, giving you more space.

I really like my Ultimate field.  I did upgrade the motor to a GBN electro-magnetic motor (which necessitates raising the field so it fits underneath).  Definitely worth it in my eyes, but the board works fine out of the box.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, zak99b5 said:

Ultimate field is plug-in, not battery.  It's a little quieter than an old 620.  All players and bases run on it just as well as a 620, sometimes better (smoother).  620s are great, but the Ultimate is a fair bit bigger, giving you more space.

I really like my Ultimate field.  I did upgrade the motor to a GBN electro-magnetic motor (which necessitates raising the field so it fits underneath).  Definitely worth it in my eyes, but the board works fine out of the box.

Thanks for posting. Eventually, I will probably get one to place in the museum. OR WOULD BE REALLY NICE.... (hint, hint) if someone would donate one to the Museum. 😁😁😁 Just kidding 

Seriously, though. Glad to see this review. I don't think I have heard anything negative about them and I see they are being used by a lot of very well-respected people in the game and hobby.  

I have a Tudor ultimate-size field that originally came with an oak table. I purchased a new ultimate field and the old one is leaning against the wall in the garage. The oak table has been repurposed, but the metal field is still looking for a home. Is that something the Museum could use?

Also, I have 5 Snickers Shock Zone fields in their original boxes and two have the original shipping boxes. I bought them off eBay because I wanted the blue plastic men. I think that's the only time Tudor made blue men. Would the Museum like one or two sans the blue men and bases?

My gift to the Museum.

• Like 1